CONTRACT: 8(A) STARS II
Website: GSA 8a STARS II
The 8(a) Streamlined Technology Application Resource for Services (STARS) II Governmentwide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) – “8(a) STARS II”, a/k/a “STARS II”, is a Multiple Award (MA), Indefinite-Delivery, Indefinite-Quantity (IDIQ) contract to provide information technology (IT) services and IT services- based solutions which may include the integration of ancillary support which is necessary and integral to the IT services being acquired. STARS II is reserved for qualifying Small Business Administration (SBA) certified 8(a) prime contractors with competitive prices.
Dnutch Associates is providing Program Offices and Contracting Officers an efficient way to procure software development, systems integration, data management and analytics solutions. Open to all Federal Civilian, Federal Health and DoD agencies, the GSA 8a STARS II Contract has four distinct Functional Areas (FA) designated by the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS):
- 541511 – Custom Computer Programming Services
- 541512 – Computer Systems Design Services
- 541513 – Computer Facilities Management Services
- 541519 – Other Computer Related Services
GSA 8(a) Stars II Contract is an 8(a) small business set providing flexible access to customized IT services and solutions in the following areas:
- Systems design
- Software engineering
- Information assurance
- Enterprise architecture solutions
STARS II has the unique benefit of sole source orders up to the $4 million threshold – a benefit not found in any other contracting vehicle. When issuing an order below the threshold on the 8(a) STARS II contract vehicle, the Contracting Officer of the agency does not need to contact the Small Business Administration (SBA) streamlining the process and shortening the time between identifying the requirements and contract award.
Specifications and Features
- A $15B program ceiling and five-year base period with one, five-year option.
- Directed task orders up to $4M each.
- Permits other direct costs when it is integral and necessary to the IT effort.
- Pre-competed, easy-to-use contract with streamlined ordering procedures based on FAR 16.505.
- Compliance with Section 843 of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of 2008 and Section 863 of NDAA 2009.
- No protests on orders under $10M, except on the grounds that the order increases the scope, period, or maximum value of the GWAC.
- Over 100 labor categories and over 30 locality-specific rates.
- The 8(a) STARS contract allows directed task orders up to $4 million, and competitive awards over $4M. More than 90 percent of all awards on this vehicle are directed awards (the only GWAC vehicle where this is possible).
- No offer or acceptance letter is required from the Small Business Administration (SBA).
- No FedBizOpps synopsis is required.
- Complimentary task order scope compatibility reviews are provided by the Small Business GWAC Center.
- Task orders may be issued directly or by a third-party acquisition shop, such as GSA’s Office of Assisted Acquisition Services or Military Interdepartmental Purchase Request (MIPR) funds to GSA.
- Access to multiple types of task orders: the vehicle offers fixed price, time and materials, labor hour, and blended task order types.
- Short procurement lead time (IDIQ & fast approach to procurement).
- Low user fee built into contractors’ ceiling prices/rates.
Solicitation Contact Information:
Name: Barbara Robinson
Title: Contracts Manager
Address: 13 Branch Street, Suite 208
City/State/Zip: Methuen, MA 01844
Phone: 978-687-1500 Ext 11
Dnutch’s depth and breadth of experience in the public and private sectors means your IT challenges are met on budget and on time.
Read More >>
We pride ourselves in building long lasting relationships, and place value on an interactive dialogue with our clients. So why not contact us today?
Contact Us >>